Join Minnesota’s safest high school sport!
Schools and student athletes from across Minnesota are invited to join the 2019 Spring Trap Shooting League! Student athletes considering joining a team are required to earn a League-approved firearm safety certification. Existing teams may have limited availability to add new athletes – check with your school. New teams are only limited by the number of athletes that can be on a team as determined by coaching resources and shooting range capabilities.
- Now – March 1: Get team approved, begin promoting new team, acquire students, hold open house to recruit students, acquire coaches.
- January 15th: Team registration begins. Coaches can register teams via Team Management System.
- February 1st: Student athlete registration begins.
- March 1: Team registration ends. Last day to add your team for 2019.
- March 15: Student athlete registration ends. All participants must complete the online League registration. Student athlete payment option is due.
- March 31: Practice Week 1. Each team will practice on their designated shooting day(s).
- April 7: Practice Week 2.
- April 13: Registered student athletes without firearm certification are removed from rosters at midnight.
- April 14: Reserve Week. Scores are submitted via the coach’s Team Management System. These scores are saved for future use for the entire team if a team’s scheduled Competition Week is cancelled.
- April 18: Conferences announced. State tournament registration opens.
- April 21: Competition Week 1. Shoot on your scheduled day(s) during the week and compete against all teams in your conference.
- April 28: Competition Week 2.
- May 5: Competition Week 3. State tournament registration closes. Student athlete payment option is due.
- May 12: Competition Week 4.
- May 17: Tournament team registration payment option is due.
- May 19: Competition Week 5. Final team and individual results are published May 26th.
- May 26: Fun Week. Invite family and school officials. Host picnic. Try skeet shooting, sporting clays or games like Annie Oakley. Parents/school officials versus student athlete games. Have fun!!!
- June 3rd: National Championship qualifying student athletes and teams registration begins. Please see http://usaclaytargetchampionship.com for more information. Registration closes when full.
- Trap Shooting Championship: June 10th-18th – All participants are invited to compete for individual and team awards in performance categories. Visit the MNSHSCTL Trap Shooting Championship page for more information!
- MSHSL State Tournament: June 21st – Qualifying athletes are invited to participate in the Minnesota State High School League’s State Tournament! Visit the State Tournament website for more information
- National Championship: TBD/July
Click here to go to the National Championship website.