Join Minnesota’s newest and safest high school sport!
Schools and student athletes from across Minnesota are invited to join the 2018 spring league!
Student athletes considering joining a team are required to earn League-approved firearm safety certification. Existing teams may have limited availability to add new athletes – check with your school. New teams are only limited by the number of athletes that can be on a team as determined by coaching resources and shooting range capabilities.
Now – March 1: Get team approved, begin promoting new team, acquire students, hold open house to recruit students, acquire coaches.
- January 8: Team registration begins. Coaches can register teams via Team Management System.
- January 15: Student athlete registration begins.
- March 1: Team registration ends. Last day to add your team for 2018.
- March 15: Student athlete registration ends. All participants must complete the online League registration. Student athlete payment option is due.
- March 26: Team registration payment option is due.
- April 1: Practice Week 1. Each team will practice on their designated shooting day(s).
- April 8: Practice Week 2.
- April 14: Registered student athletes without firearm certification are removed from rosters at midnight.
- April 15: Reserve Week. Scores are submitted via the coach’s Team Management System. These scores are saved for future use for the entire team if a team’s scheduled Competition Week is cancelled.
- April 19: Conferences announced. State tournament registration opens.
- April 22: Competition Week 1. Shoot on your scheduled day(s) during the week and compete against all teams in your conference.
- April 29: Competition Week 2.
- May 6: Competition Week 3. State tournament registration closes. Student athlete payment option is due.
- May 13: Competition Week 4.
- May 18: Tournament team registration payment option is due.
- May 20: Competition Week 5. Final team and individual results are published Sunday, May 27th.
- May 27: Fun Week. Invite family and school officials. Host picnic. Try skeet shooting, sporting clays or games like Annie Oakley. Parents/school officials versus student athlete games. Have fun!!!
- May 27: National Championship qualifying student athletes and teams announced. Tier 1 registration opens. Payment due at registration.
- June 1: National Championship Tier 2 registration opens (if applicable).
- June 5: National Championship Tier 3 registration opens (if applicable).
- Championship: June 11-19, 2018 – All participants are invited to compete for individual and team awards in performance categories. Click here to go to the 2018 MNSHSCTL Trap Shooting Championship website.
- State Tournament: June 22, 2018 – Minnesota State High School State Tournament. Click here to go to the Minnesota State High School League Tournament website.
- July 12: National Championship practice.
- July 13: National Championship team qualifying.
- July 14: National Championship individual qualifying.
- July 15: National Championship finals.
Click here to go to the 2018 National Championship website.